Monday, February 15, 2010

Episode 2: Dream Tours

Crustcast

by The WZAd (ATX)

Download: The Crustcast [MP3]

Hey y'all! So, we got your feedback after our first episode, and MAN was there a lot of feedback. Most of it was constructive too! So, we took your suggestions, applied them, and now this episode is better than the first one; now there are more samples, more relevant news and more funny! That's right, there are more funny! Plus: I demonstrate my age by not knowing who Layne Staley is. Oops!

This week, we have Brooklynvegan's Fred Pessaro and Metalsucks' Gary Suarez as guests on the show, with Sean and I holding down the fort on the Crustcake side. We have one hell of a time.

Of course, not everything is perfect. I screwed up the recording, so people sound like robots for most of it. Next time I'll get it right, I promise.

One last thing - I'm trying to get the podcast feed up on iTunes, and while they haven't got back to us yet, you can subscribe to our podcast feed through iTunes or whatever podcast subscriber you have by plugging in our podcast feed. So there you go! Hope you enjoy. And like last time, we are OF COURSE taking feedback - let us know what you think about the show! Next episode won't take as long, I promise.

Show notes, including songs used, below.

Songs included in order of appearance:
Shrinebuilder – "Solar Benediction"
Landmine Marathon – "Bile Towers"
Struck by Lightning – "The Watchful Eye"
Down – "There’s Something on my Side"
Arckanum – "Þórhati"
Skarhead – "P.S.P."
Alice in Chains – "Check My Brain"
High on Fire – "Frost Hammer"
Hatred Surge – "Skull Cell"
Voivod – "Tribal Convictions"


News Mentioned:
Scion Rock Fest 2010 Lineup
D.R.I. Reissues Crossover
Southern Lord Subscription Series
New Twilight Album Title Leaks
Soundgarden Reunites
Weedeater frontman shoots off toe
Skarhead's P.S.P. Video
Mayhem Fest 2010 Lineup